Tuesday, September 2, 2008

WhAt a wEeK!!

Back to school! All traces of sleeping in and relaxing have become non existent! The stress ante has been upped and the schedule is booked! However, I cant say that I would have it any other way. Whenever there is an abundance of free time, I tend to add projects or fill up my schedule anyway, so it seems befitting to be extremely busy! I know it may sound silly, but I don't like being lazy (well at least not all the time!). Its almost a habit to be constantly doing something. I could do without the early mornings though!

Although it feels as if we've been in school for at least a month now, I don't feel as overwhelmed as I thought I would. Even with tasks beginning to pile up, work holding its spot on Saturdays, the gym calling my name, doctor appointments galore, and important social obligations (family in town, birthdays); I am feeling somewhat optimistic about it all. I just look at everything and have faith that somehow, someway I will get it all done. At this point, I've concluded that there is no room for failure, which I believe to be a good mindset going into this semester. By not allowing all of my daunting tasks to haunt me, I'll be less focused on how stressed I am and more on what needs to be done. I do have to admit that the long weekend might be the reason behind this newly founded optimism, either way I feel committed to making sure everything on my list is marked off. After proving to myself that I can be dedicated and motivated enough to lose weight I feel as if I can tackle whatever is thrown at me (as long as its not another kidney stone or surgery!!). Unsure of what I want my future career to be and teetering between 2 different paths, I have to admit that I'm glad I decided to stick it out at least for another semester. I still feel unsure about it all but I didn't feel right about just up and leaving Iarc. So far it has turned out to be rather pleasant.

The projects that were issued during the first week, were interesting and enjoyable. My mother and I had quite a time driving to W. Florida St. in the rain, with my mom randomly slowing in the middle of the road so I could capture a picture! Organizing a group of more than 50 people was too much even for someone as OCD as myself! Our new assignment of chair cards in history is quite appealing to me. I am very keen on organizing information and visuals together in a repetitive and timely manner. Also I was really pleased to find out that we were doing a grid drawing in shaded graphite of a photo in drawing class. In highschool, I use to do all my art assignments by gridding them. Therefore, my assignments were of much better quality and I felt very confidant doing them. Overall, week one has had its challenges, but being able to handle them is what stands out to me most about my first week in second year!

No comments: